Tuesday 6 November 2012

Christmas tree ornaments




Hi everyone, hope your week is going well so far. At Magnolia Down Under Challenges this week there's a lovely challenge to make a Christmas ornament and as I've had this idea and the styrofoam ornaments for a while I decided to make a set with a little gift basket to put them in. I originally saw this idea on Pinterest done with news or book paper and thought it was a lovely.

I've used white tissue paper to cover the styrofoam which I stamped with the Magnolia Christmas song background and a Magnolia snowflake stamp in black ink. The paper was torn up and glued onto the forms with gel medium and while still wet I added lots chunky glass glitter and some white crackle paint on the round bauble. Embellishing has been done with Magnolia DooHickey pointsettia, fir branches, swirl and snowflake die cuts, Magnolia silvery berries and with some little painted wood embellishments and rusty bells. I used button twine held into the tops of the ornaments with various stick pins.

The box is a very straight forward design made from Magnolia Christmas paper and punched white bazzil card for the insert and the handle. I added lots of red paper tissue shred for the ornaments to rest in.



Back soon,

8 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW Chris!!! Your ornaments are divine!!!! They look wonderful and I love the vintage looking bells and the swirls. Hugs, Brigitte

Monique said...

They are so cute Chris !!

Hugs Monique

Janny said...

Beatyful Chris, Hugs Janny

Janny said...

Beatyful Chris, Hugs Janny

Kerryn said...

Hello. I'm a new visitor to your blog and think your work is beautiful! I love these ornaments!

Eulanda said...

OH MA WORD that is so stinkin' cool!! Love the idea that you stamped the tissue paper. Looks amazing!! Hugs!

Charlotte said...

This is stunning I love these christmas ornaments:)
Hugs Charlotte

LAURA KANT said...

Just fabulous, Chris! LOVE and ADORE your vintage style christmas ornaments! What a beautiful christmas tree you will have this year!

Hugs, Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails