Wednesday 25 January 2012

TOMIC 34 - Oval card and embossing


Hi everyone and whoops, this post failed to publish this morning! A new challenge starts on TOMIC today and our theme is to make an oval card and use heat or dry embossing. I hope you can join us this time and as always there's some beautiful inspiriation from my DT friends.

I've used sweet Valentino, coloured with distress inks and cut out. My oval card is embossed using a Crafts Too hearts embossing folder and I've sanded back the hearts to reveal the kraft core of the coredinations card. I used the Doohickey 'so wrapped lovely' die for the heart elements which are cut from silver glitter card and I trimmed out the hearts from the die cut piece then layered them over another oval of embossed card with some sizzex die cut numbers. The Doohickey romantic lace was used to cut more glitter card to edge the second oval and I trimmed slits into the border once cut to make fit around the oval.

Enjoy your day :)

12 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW, WOW, WOW your card is amazing!!! I LOVE your colouring, it's perfect!!! I actually made a card with Valentino and I didn't like him, but you made me change my mind, lol!!! WOW... Hugs, Brigitte

Unknown said...

What a cool card and as usual: Coloured to perfection :-)
Hugs from Karin

Yulis Kartika said...

Hi Chris ..
Love your coloring Valentino, yes yes .. as i adored the way you colored image :)
but truly, this one really pretty green, Love it :))

Smile from Indonesia,
Yulis

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card! Your colouring looks amazing!

Sandra said...

lovely card chris
gr sandra

Franz♥ said...

Fab work Chris, love the shape and the amazing image!

Hugs, Franz.

Liz's creative corner said...

Awesome card hun, your style, colouring and detail are gorgeous, hugs Liz xx

Henny said...

What a beautiful card Chris. I like the colours and materials you have choosen. I think the glittering silver is beautiful and better to see in real. Good idea how you used the heartlabel die.

Greetings Henny.

Kirsty said...

Hi So many cool effects here !! So much to try out ;0) Love your hearts and the dies you have used ! I adore the colour sheme especially the green on her ! Stunning ;0)

Annelie said...

Its like magic!!!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning design and layout Chris! Gorgeous! As always, I love love your coloring dear! Have a great weekend. big hugs, Angela

Monique said...

Oh wow. What a cute card Chris. Your colouring is amazing!

Hugs Monique

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails