Monday 29 October 2012

Magnolia Open Weekend - Boras, Sweden and a Tag



Hi everyone and it's good to be back after a couple of weeks of  being out of action due to one thing or another, hope you're all keeping well.

First I'd like to share a tag I've made using the beautiful special stamp that is available only at doe@ding in the Netherlands at the moment. This sweet little Tilda stamp was a gift from my lovely DT friend Monique via doe@ding and I'd like to thank them both. A gorgeous Tilda to colour and I love the flower! 


The Magnolia Open Weekend in Boras, Sweden was a truly memorable one for me, I'll never forget the experience and I'd like to thank everyone at Magnolia for inviting me, for all they did to welcome and look after us and for making a dream come true. To my gorgeous DT friends DebbieAlbiMoniqueLillemor and Camilla and to the lovley Angela and Albi's Mum Christina, thank you for making the weekend such a great one, it was wonderful to meet you all and thank you for your company, the laughs and friendship. Thank you Camilla and Lillemor for a great welcome to Sweden, I loved it! I also got the chance to briefly meet my team mate Hanna who came along on Saturday, she's just as sweet in real life. 

Thank you's done, I can say that the workshops went well and it was a pleasure to work with the ladies and children who came along. It was so good to meet blog friends Louise and Marika, what a treat and such lovely ladies! Lots of kisses (3) to you all :). 
The line up before we started on Saturday morning and a little funny moment which was all about my invisibility behind the tree of course :D!

More photo's below but unfortunately I didn't get as many as I would have liked. My DT friends projects were incredibly beautiful and their work even more inspirational in real life. The Magnolia home shop is a dreamy place for all things shabby chic, the Christmas tree ornaments are just the kind that I like so I brought a few things home!
It was brilliant to walk around the shop and see some of the creations of my team mates in real life, they're all so very talented.

It only remains to say that I hope to go back to Sweden one day!

Back soon with my one and only halloween Magnolia project, I don't have much reason to make halloween cards but I love the halloween stamps so I have to make something! Catch up with you all soon.

11 comments:

leonenkarin.blogspot.com said...

Hi Chris, what a beatiful colorfull tag did you make!! It is so cool how you use your backgrounds! And the brightness of your colors: amazing!!!
Hugs, karin

Sudha said...

Pretty gorgeous creation. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Chris!
I have been hanging out for your blog post. So glad you had such a lovely time in Sweden. You deserve it. My Doug is going to New Zealand in a week. Something for him to look forward to.
Anyway back to what I am supposed to do and that is to comment on your gorgeous tag. I love this gorgeous stamp. the way you coloured her is so beautiful. I love the colour of the flower an the field of flowers looks so gorgeous. super gorgeous creation.
I just made a card using distress inks but have a long way to go to have it look like yours.
Hugs Maz

Janny said...

WOW What a beauty your tag, the stamp is so lovely, nice to see your photo's and to see you had a lovely weekend hugs Janny

Louise said...

Chris, youve worked wonders with this absolutely gorgeous stamp - your coloring is out of this world beautiful! Love the amazing background and the tag is just sparkling with fab colors!

Biggest of hugs

Brigitte said...

WOW, it looks like you had a good time!!!! I wish I could have been there, lol!!! Your tag is wonderful, as usual!!! Hugs, Brigitte

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi lovely,
What great pictures, looks like you had a lovely time xx
your tag is stunning,she is coloured so beauifully! I adore your colouring!!
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story xxx
Love,Mel.xx

Kati said...

Hey Chris,

it's a gorgeous work as always.

Many many hugs
Kati

Monique Lokhorst said...

Hello Dear Chris!

You have made a wonderful Tag! Love the colors and your way of coloring! It was such a wonderful weeken thanks to you and all our friends in Böras. I am such a lucky girl getting the change meeting you in person. LOVE the picture of you behind the tree. Almost invisible. Hahahaha!

Hugs from your friend!
Monique xxx

Monique said...

That is so beautifull Chris. I love the way you make your own backgrounds. I will have to try that too one day.

Hugs monique

Sumsibine said...

What a great card, wow! Love your work, it´s always an inspiration. Thank you very much for it!
Lots of love from snowy Vienna!
Bine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails