Monday 11 February 2013

Valentine


Hi everyone and I hope you're keeping warm if you're here in the UK. More snow down here in the south and very pretty it is as long as the roads stay clear :D, a photo I took today is further down. For this project I've tried colouring directly onto a wooden heart decoration, I like to see the effects I get on different surfaces. I used pencils and as the wood is a very soft wood the effect is less precise than but I like the rustic effect. I coloured a background but left the edges uncoloured. On this side I've used Tilda with dot bow and the flying heart on the large hanging heart. The other hearts are freehand.


On the other side of the main heart I've used the gorgeous Tilda blowing hearts, I think she's really sweet and can be used for occasions other than valentine and of course neither of these Tilda's have wooden hearts :). The smaller wooden hearts are the same on both sides.

I'm entering into the following challenges:

Magnolia Down Under - Love is all around us
Midweek Magnolias - Valentine
Time for a Magnolia Challenge - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! What a lovely idea Chris, I love the warmth given by the wood, and the pencils. Wonderful coloring of this sweet image. Hugs.

krafty-kutz said...

Omg! I'm soooo jealous of your colouring ;)
Stunning sweetie x

Sinikka said...

Wow I love this idea. It looks fantastic.
Well I keep that one in mind.
Hugs Sinikka

Brigitte said...

So beautiful!!!! Love how it's really soft! Amazing colouring as usual! Hugs, Brigitte

Yulis Kartika said...

OMG! my friend, you are truly artist!
your creative is endless and as always I adore all your art work.
always take care my dear friend xxx

Love from here,
Yulis

Kelly said...

I love the wood effect on the Magnolia's. They are sooo pretty. That had to be hard to do and how did you get those curves so perfect. I love them.
Hugs Kelly

Monique said...

Wow. That is wonderfull Chris!

Hugs Monique

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh wow!! I'm so loving this project, dreamy colouring!! love the wonderful and very pretty colours. It's just totally adorable Chris.
Love,melly. xxx

LAURA KANT said...

What a fantastic idea, Chris! It looks awesome!

Hugs, Laura

Kerryn said...

oh wow these are gorgeous!! What a lovely idea. I've never thought to try to stamp them on wood. Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails