Thursday 15 December 2011

Edwin with presents



Hi everyone, hope you're having a good week and nearly ready for Christmas :)! I've had a go at a free standing pop up card which is a card style I haven't tried before and very much enjoyed. Of course I forgot to take a photo of the card folded down :) but here are a couple of extra photographs and one shows how it looks from the side.





Edwin is coloured with distress inks and cut out with a nestabilities die then mounted on the pop up portion of the card. The box shaped piece is stamped with the Magnolia Yuletide sentiment stamp and I cut the borders with a DooHickey lace die then added another die cut Magnolia Merry Christmas sentiment to the front, the sentimets were stamped with Distress Ink in Iced Spruce. I added some punched holly leaves, folded ribbon and Magnolia crystal stamps in front of the images and this style of card gives a little ledge at the front which is perfect for flowers etc. 

I'm entering my card into:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Don't look at the light
The Pink Elephant - Snowflakes and sparkle
ABC Christmas Challenge - Yippee, Christmas is almost here
Winter Wonderland - Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow



20 comments:

Papirdilla said...

Hi, Chris!
This is gorgeous!! I like the colours so much, they're so beautiful. And your colouring is amazing, as always. This is just another piece of art from you.

Hugs,
Hanne

Kylie said...

Aww!~ Chris! I love this! Edwin is gorgeous! Brilliant colouring, as usual,
Hugs Kylie x

** Line** said...

Hello Chris- it is so wonderful- I love this lovely Edwin :-)
hugs Line

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Wow, Chris this is gorgeous!!! Hugs, Jeanet

Exclusively by Mel said...

Chris I so love your work!!
This card is just wonderful, I think the colours are superb together.
What a beautiful creation!
The apples look good enough to eat.
Love, Mel. xxx

Anonymous said...

What a great card, I love the rich colours you have used. Laura

Helga said...

It's a very good idea for a little
x-mas gift ! Coloration is gorgeous
Greetings
Helga

The Craft Bucket said...

Fabulous, I would love to know how to make this style? Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Chris, love your colouring of Edwin..wonderful.
Great design too.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous Chris!
hugs
Cordine

Monique said...

This is so gorgeous Chris. Your colouring is awesome! So cute.

Hugs Monique

Tania said...

Love your card. Beautiful colouring and love the colours.Hugs

Thea said...

Love this...beautiful collored.

Greetings Thea

LAURA KANT said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CARD! Great coloring and perfect choice of colors ... as always! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Laura

Kristine said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous!!
Your colouring too. Beautiful :)

Henny said...

Wow....this is so beautiful coloured and the shape of the card a nice piece of work. I like the colours you used and the flowers you added to the card. Beautiful Chris.

Greetings Henny.

Yulis Kartika said...

Hello Chris ...
this is so GORGEOUS !!
you know Chris, I adored your coloring so much! you did your coring with perfectly on shading and Edwin look like alive on my LCD!

Big hugs,
Yulis

Kirsty said...

Hi I missed this one lol. Oh Edwin is so adorable in these colours ! I love this style and yes with the ledge for the beautiful flowers is super. Love the colour of cardstock ! Kitty ;0)

Soep said...

Wow het is een prachtig ontwerp
mooi gemaakt en gekleurt
liefs,ans
Happy holidays xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

awwhhhh... leaving now your lovely blog with a big "aawwhhh" and wishing you would live around the corner so i would be able to spy on you :-)

hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails